Everything about books intrigues me. Because of this I'm subscribed to couple magazines, like American Libraries and the Chronicle of Higher Education, as well as a frequent troller of EW's Shelf Life, Publishers Weekly, NPR Books, and The New York Times Book section.
That's why Bookin' It Round the Web was born! Below are links to some interesting articles or some fun graphics that I've found while on my daily internet adventures. Feel free to do this over on your blogs, and leave me links to any cool articles or your posts in the comments!
- An Epic Reads user, EpicGirl, has created an amazing map of "The United States of YA" highlighting books from each state, so you can read your way across America!
- EW has an awesome interview with Chris Colfer, and a clip from his new YA book, Struck By Lightning.
- Here's an New York Times blog post about how people view reading and "guilty pleasure" books.
- Remember Barbar, King of the Elephants? Well if not, you soon will be as the 80th anniversary of the beloved children's series comes around with a huge promotional push.
- Author Jacqueline Kelly, author of The Evolution of Calpurnia Tate, is writing a sequel to The Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame titled Return to the Willows.
- Love it or hate it, Twilight made a lasting impact on the YA lit world.
- The Hub has a great article about impersonation in YA lit, including a nice book list.
- Check out this lovely interview of one of my FAVORITE authors, Ellen Wittlinger!!
- What does the Penguin-Random merger mean for the economy? The New York Times looks back to the turn of the century for some insight.