Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This meme was created because they are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. They'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
Each week they will post a new Top Ten list complete with one of their bloggers’ answers. Everyone is welcome to join. All they ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND post a comment on their post with a link to your Top Ten Tuesday post to share. If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment.
The topic this week is:
Top Ten Things That Make Your Life As A Reader/Book Blogger Easier
- Scheduling posts! Being able to schedule my posts is a lifesaver, especially if I'm busy. I can write up posts weeks in advance and set them to automatically post. A blogger's best tool.
- Paying a Hosting Fee! While many people have a problem with Blogger, that's the platform I use. I pay $10 a year to keep my domain name my own, and they forward any body who have my old name to the new one. Easy as pie. So no matter what platform you use, paying a hosting fee or domain fee is worth it.
- Netvibes! This is the blog feed I use to keep track of all the blogs, book and other alike, that I read. It works as a really excellent feedreader, as you can make different pages to separate the blogs from one another. I have always used this over Google Reader, and when they shut that down, I didn't have any issues adding those few blogs I did follow over to Netvibes.
- Goodreads! What would I do without Goodreads? It's probably a bad idea to be so reliant on a website, but alas I wouldn't have half the book info I do without this amazing resource.
- Connecting my Social Networks! Facebook, Twitter, and Tumblr are my best friends, and I cross-post most of the time. They also are good outlets to post smaller points of interest, or get info out to my followers quickly!
- Youtube! Not only do I blog, I vlog (or create "content" as the fancy term is). I love Youtube for the visual aspects of the book blogging world. I'm an extrovert, so being able to connect to my followers more "in person" is so awesome. And sometimes it's just more fun to show off your books in your own hands.
- My Fellow Bloggers! The ladies and gentlemen of the book blogging world are all fantastic, enthusiastic people! We all love the same thing and the passion that pours out of the writing just makes it so fun to be a part of the community. I've had some favorite bloggers over the years, and there are always newbies popping up. Camaraderie at its finest!
- Professional Organizations! I am a member of both ALA, YALSA, and NCTE. I love all of them, and they connect me with professionals (librarians and English teachers) across the country. I also get to meet so many authors at all the annual conferences, as well as gain some kick butt book savvy to utilize in my future profession. Go librarians!!
- Using a Book Lamp! This is probably a no brainer, but I think people forget how very handy book lights are. They don't have to be used just to read books, and boy are they nice on those long car rides when you can't just flip the car light on. I horde mine, and the one I have can run on batteries or can be charged. Convenience!
- Keeping a Book Journal! This is a tool I use to keep track of the books I've bought/read/reviewed for my blog. This helps me do New to My shelves, Genre Favorites, Book Reviews, etc. If I didn't keep lists I would be totally lost!
What are some of your reader/blogger tools? Leave me a comment below!